Tuscaloosa City Schools Begin Meal Pickup Service for Students
By WVUA 23 Digital Reporter Anne Houtz
Despite obstacles caused by COVID-19, Tuscaloosa County Schools remains committed to providing its students with meals throughout the week. Beginning today, TCS will distribute take-home meal bags for students. Pickups will be held each Monday from 10:30 a.m to noon.
Meal bags are available at nine locations throughout the county. They are:
- Southview Elementary School: Serving Southview Elementary and Woodland Forrest Elementary students
- Westlawn Middle School: Serving Westlawn Middle and Central Elementary students
- Martin Luther King Jr. Elementary School: Serving MLK Jr. Elementary and Oakdale Elementary students
- Northridge Middle School: Serving Northridge Middle, Northridge High, Rock Quarry Elementary and Verner Elementary students
- The Alberta School of Performing Arts: Serving TASPA and Tuscaloosa Magnet Elementary/Middle students
- Eastwood Middle School: Serving Eastwood Middle and Bryant High students
- Central High School: Serving Central High students
- Skyland Elementary School: Serving Skyland Elementary and University Place Elementary students
- Arcadia Elementary School: Serving Arcadia Elementary and Stars Academy students
Each meal bag will contain five breakfasts and five lunches. Breakfast and lunch will continue to be provided for students who are on campus.
Parents and guardians will be asked to provide their child’s full name and lunch number at pickup.