Several robberies reported on Alabama campus this weekend
The University of Alabama Police Department is warning the UA community to stay aware of potential threats after a trio of robberies happened early Saturday morning.
According to UAPD, the first victim got a ride around 12:30 a.m. from someone in the Lakeside East area and was robbed when getting out of the vehicle.
Shortly after, similar incidents were reported near Lakeside Dining and the Ridgecrest area.
No injuries were reported in any of the incidents, and police say there is no current threat to the on-campus community.
The vehicle was described as a light-colored four-door Honda Accord with no license tag. Three or four people were inside the vehicle, including:
- A Black male who appeared college-aged wearing a blue tie-dyed hooded sweatshirt
- A Black male wearing a ski mask and a blue fatigue puffer jacket
- A Black male wearing a ski mask
If you have any information about this incident, call UAPD at 205-348-5454 or Tuscaloosa Crime Stoppers at 205-752-7867.
Here are some things you can do to cut down on your chances of being harmed if something like this happens to you:
- Be mindful of any valuables you carry
- Be mindful of your surroundings
- If confronted, give the person what they want. Items are replaceable. People are not