Not leaving for Labor Day? Here’s what’s happening this weekend right here
By WVUA Digital Reporter Anneliese Taggart
Not planning on traveling to Atlanta for the Alabama season opener this weekend? Don’t worry, there is plenty to do in the Tuscaloosa area for you and your family! Here are a few events to consider attending this Labor Day weekend:
- T-town Labor Day Blues N Groove Festival – This music festival featuring Avail Hollywood, TK Soul, Magic One, and more takes place in Northport’s Sokol Park on Saturday afternoon. Purchase tickets for the event here.
- Alabama Showcase Baseball Camp – This baseball camp on Sunday provides the perfect opportunity for high school players to improve their skills and be introduced to college coaching staff. Registration for this camp can be found here.
- Louis Long Labor Day Memorial No Tap Tournament – This four-game scratch tournament takes place on Sunday at the Shindig Family Entertainment Center. Attendees can throw out their lowest game and compete for the chance to win $250 for the first-place prize for each division! More information on the event can be found here.
- Big Sandy Baptist Church Labor Day Kids Camp – BSBC is hosting a free kids camp for ages K5 – 5th grade. Breakfast and lunch will be provided and activities include crafts, games, inflatables, and more. Click here for details and registration for this event.
- Alabama Blues Project Free Concert – Alabama Blues Project partnered with Shindig Family Entertainment Center to provide a free, two-hour concert on Saturday night from 7-9pm. Click here for an article highlighting details of the event.
- Tuscaloosa Farmers Market – Don’t forget to support your local farmers market on Saturday morning at the Tuscaloosa River Market with over 30 local farmers and vendors. Find more information on this weekly event here.
As always, family-friendly events around Tuscaloosa include getting outdoors at Hurricane Creek, the River Walk, or hiking and swimming at Lake Lurleen and Lake Nicol. There is also plenty to do indoors at locations like the Children’s Hands-On Museum, Bowlero, UpSurge Trampoline Park, Super Skate, Shindig and more.