NEED TO TAKE SHELTER? HERE’S WHERE YOU CAN GO
COVID-19 Precautions: According to the Alabama Department of Public Health and West Alabama’s Emergency Management Agencies, they recommend protection from the weather should be your first priority. If you can, wear a mask and gloves to the shelter and bring hand sanitizer.
If you’re worried about the storms, there are several storm shelters that will be open and ready in case of an emergency.
- Alberta School of Performing Arts, University Blvd. East.
- Tuscaloosa Career and Technology Academy, Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
- Tuscaloosa Magnet School, McFarland Blvd. East.
- Salvation Army, Greensboro Avenue.
UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA CAMPUS
- The North Campus Storm Shelter, the lowest level of the Student Activity Center at Presidential Village.
- The East Campus Storm Shelter, behind the Child Development Research Center.
- The Magnolia Parking Deck BARA, west side of the lowest level of the parking deck.
- Two shelters side-by-side behind Town Hall next to the baseball fields.
- Next to the Fire Department on Highway 11 North.
- Stephens Loop, adjacent to the Recreation Complex.
- Stone Gate Memorial Home Park, Stone Gate Drive.
- Behind the Water Authority next to Coker’s Town Hall.
- County Road 21 near the Echola Volunteer Fire Department.
- Behind High Quality Fuel Gas Station, Alabama Highway 7.
- Across from Wallace Tingle Park, Tingle Tangle Road.
For a searchable list of storm shelter locations in Tuscaloosa County, and directions to each, visit tuscaloosacountyema.org.
- Woodstock: 19456 Eastern Valley Road
- West Blocton: 828 Cahaba River Drive
- Randolph: 7259 Highway 36
- Brent: 10445 Highway 5
- Eoline: 6480 Highway 82
- Bankston-Stough: 10385 Highway 18 E.
- Bankston: Fowler’s Crossroads Station No. 1, 2555 Prospect Road
- Belk: Belk Community Center, 7633 Alabama Highway 96
- Berry: Berry Volunteer Fire Department, 17720 Highway 18 E.
- Bobo Community: 73 County Road 147, Winfield
- Boley: 1969 County Road 57
- Canaan Community Center: 231 Canaan Road
- Fayette: Fayette County Courthouse Annex, 103 First Ave. NW
- Glen Allen: 101 Birch St./County Road 73
- Hubbertville: 8814 Highway 129
- Kennedy: Oak Ridge Baptist Church, 10488 Highway 159
- Kirkland: 6518 Highway 107
- Lawrence Mill Community: Highway 43/171 North
- Mt. Vernon: 6169 Highway 18 W.
- Newtonville: 490 Center Road
- Wayside: 7674 Highway 107
- Union storm shelter, Union municipal complex
- Greene County High School, 14221 U.S. Highway 11, Eutaw
- Greensboro: Greensboro Baptist Church
- Moundville: Moundville Fire Department by City Hall
- Newbern storm shelter, adjacent to Auburn Rural Studios Brown House
- Aliceville: 4216 Martin Luther King Jr. Road
- Aliceville: 240 Shade Road
- Aliceville: 1184 Martin Luther King Jr. Road
- Aliceville: 7420 County Road 13
- Aliceville: 332 Third Ave. NE
- Aliceville: 751 Fifth St. NW
- Carrollton: 897 Roland Bate Road
- Carrollton: 41 Elliott St.
- Ethelsville: 112 Bains Road
- Reform: 51 School Circle
- Carbon Hill, 240 9th Ave. NW
- Cordova: Argo Fire Shelter, 6558 Highway 78.
- Cordova: Cordova Shelter No. 1, 59 East Columbus St.
- Jasper: Thach Fire, 1220 Thach Loop.
- Jasper: Saragoosa Fire No. 2, 356 Redmill-Saragoosa Road.
- Kansas, 187 North School St.
- Nauvoo: 607 Fourth Ave.
- Parrish, 1315 Main St.
- Sipsey, 283 Park Road.