Looking for fall fun? Here’s some family-friendly options
By WVUA 23 Digital Reporter Kyrsten Eller
Halloween is on its way, meaning it’s prime time for hay rides and pumpkin patches. Here’s a smattering of family-friendly events around West Alabama everyone can enjoy this month:
- Tuscaloosa Barnyard – The barnyard offers a petting zoo and pumpkin patch on Fridays and Saturdays throughout the fall season from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. The $10 admission gives you the chance to feed animals and hop on a tractor hayride. This is the perfect fall event for some family-friendly fun!
- Griffin Farms Pumpkin Patch – A local favorite! The patch includes hayrides, a corn maze, petting zoo, swings, zip line and so much more! General admission is $10 per person 2 or older. Price includes a pumpkin and access to activities. Open every weekend in October.
- The Great Pumpkin Patch – Located about a half-hour outside of downtown Birmingham, the Great Pumpkin Patch is the perfect day trip to take with your family. There are a variety of swings, hayrides and even a petting zoo! The patch is open daily this month and is free to attend. Activities cost extra.
- T-Town Witches Ride – This fourth annual, 2-mile bicycle ride or 1-mile walk takes place on Oct. 17 at 5 p.m. There will be entertainment, activities for the kids, prizes and awards for best costume, so be sure to dress accordingly.
- Barktoberfest – Barktoberfest is back and better than ever this year starting Oct. 17. Its goal for fundraising is to honor foster and adoption services for dogs all around. The event located in Helena has thousands of attendees every year and is perfect for all ages. With food and beverage vendors, dogs and kid-approved activities, it’s the perfect event to check out!
- Tech or Treat – This is the perfect event for all the kids who love science, math and to learn! On Oct. 26 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., families can bring their kids to tables to collect candy, while also having the opportunity to be introduced to the basics of science and math.
- Hoover Hayride & Family Night – This complimentary event on Oct. 29 offers fun hayrides around Veterans Park. It’s the perfect opportunity to relax and bring your kids to, as there will be lots of candy and giveaways!