Here’s what’s new in Tuscaloosa for Alabama game days
Changes are coming to the Capstone, just in time for the University of Alabama’s first football game of the season Sept. 2.
The Crimson Tide has some big home games this season, including one of the biggest non-conference games against Texas Sept. 9.
About 30 streets on campus and around are closed during a typical game day weekend, said Alabama events associate director Nick Frenz.
Here’s what’s new this year:
- Roads will close four hours before kickoff
- The Mercedes-Benz Fan Fest is now called Champions Lane
- Screen, Scan and Go will allow fans to enter Bryant-Denny stadium through any security checkpoint
- Gates open two hours before kickoff
- Several concession stands inside the stadium now feature grab-and-go options
And don’t forget, there’s always a clear bag policy inside Bryant-Denny Stadium. You may want to check all the rules before you head to the game.