Get your Valentine’s on: coffee shops offer festive holiday flavors
By WVUA23 Digital Reporter Melanie Bumpus
It’s Valentine’s Day, and what better way to celebrate than with a fun coffee drink or donut? Dunkin’ Donuts and Starbucks have sweet drinks and confections you can pick up today as part of the festivities.
Fun menu items at Dunkin’ include:
- The Cocoa Mocha Iced Signature Latte: an espresso with mocha swirl topped with whipped cream, mocha drizzle, and cocoa powder
- The brownie batter donut: a heart-shaped donut filled with chocolate brownie batter with chocolate icing and Valentine’s day sprinkles on top
- The Cupid’s Choice Donut: a donut filled with Bavarian Kreme, topped with strawberry icing and rainbow sprinkles
- The Pink Strawberry Dunkin’ Coconut Refresher: a lighter option which is a blend of green tea, strawberry dragonfruit, and coconut milk with a shot of B vitamins for energy.
Starbucks released glittery pink tumblers with hearts for Valentine’s Day, and cups with kiss prints on them that change colors.
If the new cups aren’t intriguing enough for a purchase, there are many secret menu items that you can try (these are not listed on the menu, so you have to order them step-by-step — ordering ahead through the Starbucks app makes it easy, but it’s not available at all Starbucks locations)
Starbucks secret menu drinks include:
- The Love Bug Frappuccino: a Grande Strawberries and Cream Frappuccino with one pump of raspberry syrup and one scoop of java chips, topped with whipped cream, mocha drizzle, and cookie crumbles. This cute drink whose name resembles a Jonas Brothers song is a great choice for Valentine’s Day.
- The Chocolate Mousse Macchiato: Iced Venti Caramel Macchiato with half and half. Replace the vanilla syrup with white mocha sauce, and substitute caramel drizzle for mocha drizzle. Add mocha cookie crumble topping.
- The Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Frappe: Strawberry Frappuccino with vanilla sweet cream, mocha drizzle, strawberry puree, and whipped cream. Boys take notes, because every girl loves chocolate-covered strawberries!
- Conversation Heart Frappuccino: grande Dragon Drink, add whipped cream and dried strawberries.