CARBON MONOXIDE SICKENS 6 AT ALABAMA STATE PARK

GUNTERSVILLE, Ala. (AP) – Fire officials say an apparent carbon monoxide leak in the main lodge at Lake Guntersville State Park resulted in six people being taken to a hospital Thursday afternoon.

Capt. Brian Walls of Guntersville Fire and Rescue said firefighters arrived at the park to find multiple people suffering from symptoms including headaches, dizziness, nausea and vomiting. Six people were taken to a hospital, and others were evacuated from the building.

Walls said the problem appeared to originate with a boiler ventilation system. He said the building was ventilated to allow the gas to escape.

Categories: Alabama News