Bond denied for Darius Miles in Jamea Harris capital murder case
One of the two men facing capital murder charges in the Jan. 15 shooting death of 23-year-old mother Jamea Harris had his request for bond denied again today.
The scheduled bond hearing for Darius Miles was heard by Judge Daniel Pruet.
The other man facing charges, Michael Davis, has filed for youthful offender status and has a hearing regarding that request in July.
Davis and Miles have been in jail since Jan. 15.
- Michael Davis seeking youthful offender status in Jan. 15 deadly shooting: May 18, 2023
- Miles enters not-guilty plea in Jan. 15 shooting charges: April 3, 2023
- Darius Miles’ attorneys claim district attorney is withholding evidence: March 30, 2023
- Local attorney: New evidence in Miles, Davis case could affect bond hearings: March 23, 2023
- Former Alabama basketball player Darius Miles indicted by grand jury: March 10, 2023
- Miles, Davis denied bond in Jan. 15 shooting case: Feb. 21, 2023
- Capital murder: What that means when you’re charged in Alabama: Jan. 18, 2023
- Investigators: Miles provided gun in fatal shooting: Jan. 17, 2023
- Darius Miles maintains innocence in murder charge: Jan. 16, 2023
- UA basketball player among 2 charged with murder in deadly Strip shooting: Jan. 15, 2023