12 children get sick after possible pool party chlorine leak
FLOWOOD, Miss. – Officials say 12 children have been taken to the hospital after a possible chlorine leak at a YMCA pool in Mississippi.
Authorities say the children were at a birthday pool party Sunday in Flowood when they were sickened.
The Clarion-Ledger reported that several children remained in the hospital Monday.
YMCA officials say the pool is cleaned with automatic chlorine pumps. It remained closed as a third party planned to inspect what happened.
They say their records showed the chlorine levels were fine.
The mother of one sickened child posted on Facebook that all of the children who fell ill were age 7 or younger and had been swimming for about 20 minutes when they got sick.
(For copyright information, check with the distributor of this item, The Clarion-Ledger.)
9/26/2022 5:41:25 PM (GMT -5:00)